Craftsuprint - The Worlds Largest Legal Craft Download Site!

Friday 15 March 2013

A masking in the Jungle!

Hi Everyone
Sue Here



My last post of the week on masking and this time I have given it a jungle theme.

I firstly die cut some Tim Holtz tattered florals and leaves out of old envelopes and stuck these onto the Ranger 12 ins. tag.  I have chosen the colours of peeled paint  and evergreen bough distress stains inked over the die cuts.

I then put picket fence distress stain in areas on the tag to give it a 'foggy' look and rubbed this in with my finger.  I then left it to dry for 30 mins then with a  peeled paint re-inker I painted over the raised flowers and leaves which gave it the effects you can see, underneath some of the die cuts is picket fence, which gives the re-inker an eery look.  I like it!

I then went around the edge of the tag in black soot distress ink.



I then got a countryside mask and put versamark through it with a piece of cut and dry foam and then sprinkled WOW ebony embossing powder over this.  Don't forget if you miss any areas you can always go back with an embossing pen and colour in the missing areas.  I then heat set.


Finally adding some embellishments from Tim Holtz, a charm from an old bracelet, a sentiment from Penny Black 'Salutations' and ribbon.
All highlighted items can be purchased from J & C Creations.

Hope you have enjoyed masking this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment