Craftsuprint - The Worlds Largest Legal Craft Download Site!

Tuesday 5 February 2013

Technique Tuesday - Layer, upon Layer, upon Layer

Hi Everyone
Sue Here


This month myself and Nat are showing you different craft basics and how versatile they can be! This week we are focusing on Ranger Tags in various sizes! These tags come in a selection of Manilla, Kraft & Black in 3 different sizes, today I am using one of those, the #10 in Manilla.

Today we are into LaYeRiNg.

 

I firstly sprayed a large tag from J & C Creations with Cosmic Shimmer Sprays, then sprinkled rock salt over the top adding a squirt of water.  This effect is fantastic the more time you leave it to dry, preferably overnight.
 
layer one
 When it is dry brush off the rock salt but keep this in a bag it as it has soaked up the colour of the mica spray and you can use it in shaker cards!
 









layer two

layer three


Then using my masks, one layer at a time, I used memento inks and coloured in parts of the tag.








layer four
 
I then used one of the masks of a butterfly and my modeling paste from a few posts ago and put 2 butterflies on the tag.  When nearly dry I sprinkled Beadazzles onto them (this is half glitter and half very small beads).

layer six
I then stamped in Versamark the 'wind caressed' stamp a the bottom of the tag and heat dried with WOW Satin Pearl Embossing Powder.  I coloured the flowers in with a distress marker.
layer five

I then cut out one of the spellbinder butterflies 'wonderful wings' in brown cardstock, glued this to the tag, then used Versamark on the 'butterfly edge' stamp and heat with WOW Honey embossing powder.  I added a ribbon to the top of the tag.





The finished article

Have a wonderful week ...Sue

1 comment: