Craftsuprint - The Worlds Largest Legal Craft Download Site!

Wednesday 6 February 2013

My Creation Station - Pauline


How long have I been crafting?I have been crafting in one way or another since I was 7 years old when my Mum taught me to knit and I made my first jumper in a lovely shade of green as I recall!  I then progressed to cross stitch using Binca and made several “mats” for Mum’s sideboard.  I also made a half circle Readicut  rug with Autumn leaves on which my parents had until fairly recently.  When our two boys were young I knitted all their cardigans and jumpers and also mine and my husband’s, cable being my favourite, Fair Isle was a bit more taxing.  I also made tapestries, all my own curtains, skirts and trousers.  I started card crafting in 2005 having seen Dawn Bibby on QVC and decided that I could do that.  I now make cards and sell them to raise money for Target Ovarian Cancer which I am supporting because without past research into this awful disease, I wouldn’t be alive today.

What is my favourite J&C Creations product?  I have several favourites - Penny Black stamps, Spellbinders and all things Tim Holtz/Ranger.  My absolute favourites are Heartfelt Creations stamps and dies.
What is my favourite topic? Anything floral although I do like the cute animals.
What was the first craft product I ever bought and why?it was a comprehensive kit put together by Dawn Bibby and Kanban and sold on Dawn’s QVC craft show.  I went for it because it contained everything I needed to make some cards.  I still have some of the card left!
What inspires my projects, how do I start them off?Nature inspires all my floral projects as I usually use the colours of either Promarkers/Flexmarkers or Copics as near as possible to the colours nature uses for that flower.  Generally, I start with the colour of the main element of the card be it stamped and coloured or die cut, then use papers and card to complement.  I often use on line sketches as a starter which I adapt to my taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment