Craftsuprint - The Worlds Largest Legal Craft Download Site!

Monday 4 February 2013

Weatherperson's Day - 5th February


National Weatherperson's Day, also known as National Weatherman's Day, is a holiday observed on February 5th primarily in the United States. It recognizes individuals in the fields of meteorology, weather forecasting and broadcast meteorology, as well as volunteer storm spotters and observers. It is observed on the birthday of John Jeffries, one of the United States' first weather observers who took daily measurements from 1774 to 1816.
After choosing this date, I struggled to get any inspiration for a card, this is what I finally came up with!
Weatherpersons Day 
Items available from J & C Creations Shop
Images from Penny Black’s ‘Zoophabet’ clear stamp set coloured with Promarkers
Card - Coredinations
Compass charm
Tools: Spellbinders ‘Classic Squares’ & ‘Scalloped Squares’ & Sizzix/Tim Holtz Alterations ‘On The Edge’  dies, Cuttlebug ‘Swiss Dots’ embossing folder & Hougie Board
Glue, 3d tape, double-sided tape, memento ‘Tuxedo Black’ ink pad

I used an 8” x 8” card blank so that the images did not look too squashed. I ran some blue card through my cutting machine using the embossing folder and I embossed the lines on the red card using the Hougie Board. I mounted these onto a square of black card and added ribbon across the middle using double-sided tape and secured it on the reverse, I then glued everything onto my card blank. I cut out a border from black card using the ‘On The Edge’ die and glued this above the ribbon. I cut out the squares of white card (suitable for alcohol markers) using the SB square die, stamped each letter using a memento ink pad and coloured them in. I glued the finished letters to squares of black card cut using the SB scalloped die and attached them at angles to my card blank with 3d tape. I finished off with some words printed on the pc glued to black card and a bow and compass charm.
Hope you like it!
Natx

No comments:

Post a Comment