Craftsuprint - The Worlds Largest Legal Craft Download Site!

Wednesday 5 September 2012

Chic Christmas

Hi peeps today it is my (Jacqui) turn  to celebrate a Contemporary Christmas with Penny Black and J & C Creations:


J&C7 


I knew which Penny Black Wood Mounted Stamp I wanted to use for my first Chic Christmas card, it is called Xmas Head to Toe and is one of my all time favourites.  I decided to add some depth to the image by making it slightly 3d.


J&CWed


To start I stamped 2 complete images with Memento Ink, I coloured a complete image (it is not necessary to colour all of the image if you are short of time, but I try to do this each time as it gives a better base), then colour Face, Hair (excluding curls on top), Dress, Boots Hat, Bag and Dogs Head and Hat (as shown above), 3d these separate parts onto the main image with Silicone Glue or Foam Pads. Set aside to dry.


J&C3


Die cut 1 snowflake border from white card with Sizzix “On the Edge” Die - Snow Flurries and 2 Branches and Cones from Big Z Tattered Pine Cones Die again from White card:


J&C4

.
I used my Cuttlebug Machine to cut these, with 1 B Plate on the bottom then the Die and finally another B Plate on top,


J&C2


Roll up the Pine Cones and then flatten to make a rose shape (rather than the Cone Shape) before sticking onto the bottom tag.   Fold petals over with small tweezers until you have the required shape, 


J&C5


With a Quckie Glue Pen and Crystal Glamour Dust Glitter I glittered the Branch and Snowflake Border.  The final flowers are cut from White card with the small rolled rose from the Marianne Designs Die – Leaves and Flowers set.  I found the easiest way to roll all die cut flowers is with a quilling tool, it was not easy to find a supplier but I eventually got mine from J & C Creations here is the link Qullling Tool.



J&C6


Punch out 2 leaves with Martha Stewart Branch Punch, now assemble the card as shown.
A close up of how two arrange the Flowers:


J&C9

The Finished card:


J&C7


Thanks for taking the time to look and I hope you have found some of the tips useful

have a Good Day
Jacs xx

No comments:

Post a Comment