As promised, today I have a great magnetic embellishment board project for you to get stuck into. All thanks go to amber over at Damask Love
You will need to do a little hunting around for the materials required for this project but it will be well worth the effort.
1) MetalMaster Snips: Okay – now I know you may not have these one hand, but they really are a great tool for paper crafters.
2) 12 x12 picture frame
3) 12 x 12 Metal Sheet
4) Decorative Aluminum Sheet.
This part of the project is completely optional, but I really like the decorative accent that it adds to the finished product. Since this aluminum sheet is not magnetic, it is a purely decorative top layer. The steel sheet in step #3 is what makes the board magnetic
5) To organize your embellishments, you’ll need some containers and these Clear Top Tins are perfect. They are available in several sizes, but these three are the ones that will be most useful for your embellie board project. For this particular board, she used the smallest of the sizes pictured here.
6) Last, you’ll need magnets. You’ll need rather strong magnets since they will need to work through the top sheet of decorative aluminum.
1) Use your metal snips to cut the decorative sheet.
2) Trim the decorative aluminum down to the same 12×12 size as the steel sheet.
3) Place two magnets on the back of each clear top tin. Two magnets rather than one to ensure a better grip and to be sure that the container doesn’t spin around.
4) Fill up your containers, place the metal sheets in the frame and stick the tins into place!