Craftsuprint - The Worlds Largest Legal Craft Download Site!

Wednesday 5 June 2013

Check out this Great New Class Over at Craftsy!

Sewing on the Bias





Sandra Betzina
Sew Flattering Bias Garments with Elegant Drape

The beauty of a superbly sewn bias garment is in the graceful way that it falls and accentuates the natural shape of your body. Join me, Sandra Betzina, for my new online Craftsy class, Sewing on the Bias, and learn to sew elegant bias garments with a flawless finish!

Even if you've never sewn on the bias before, my class will help you succeed in bringing breathtaking bias garments to life. Plus, you'll receive my Vogue 1333 skirt and top pattern, which you can use to practice the skills you learn while creating a chic outfit.

Print & pattern perfection
We'll begin class by getting familiar with bias grain and choosing the fabric that will give you the results you want. I'll then show you how to select the right pattern size for bias sewing and compare the flat pattern's measurements against your own for a fabulous fit.

I'll move on to show you a terrific trick for cutting out and taming slippery fabrics. Plus, you'll learn how to match plaids and stripes perfectly. We'll stabilize bias seams and sew them without a ripple in sight, before we look at how to eliminate the hanging period with pressing.
Distortion free sewing
Next, you'll have the option to line your skirt, plus add an overlay and a hidden waistband. If you decide to leave your skirt unlined, I'll show you two other bulk-free waistband options you can choose from.

Finally, you'll receive all my tips for putting in a pucker-free zipper, using bias as a design detail across princess seams, and finishing garment edges with a bias binding. Sign up for Sewing on the Bias, and learn to adapt any straight grain pattern to bias!

Just before I graduated high school, my sewing teacher said, "I know you're going off to college, but you're going to do something with sewing." I didn't know it at the time, but she couldn't have been more right.

Gorgeous bias garments
After college, I had a chance to apprentice with some people who taught me a great deal about sewing. Later, I moved to San Francisco, where I started my own sewing school, and wrote a syndicated newspaper column about sewing.

I was eventually approached by HGTV to audition for a program on garment sewing. I got the job, and spent the next five years filming 236 shows. All the while, I was writing my own sewing books and articles for Threads and Sew News.

I now design a line for Vogue Patterns called Today's Fit. Over the years, I've designed more than 150 patterns, and I'm still going strong. I've done quite a bit in the world of sewing, but for me, there's nothing more rewarding than sharing what I know.
Join me for Sewing on the Bias today to get 20% off, and satisfy your desire to sew gorgeous bias attire!


Sandra Betzina | Craftsy Instructor

Buy Sewing on the Bias >>
With Craftsy you can: Watch your high-definition classes any time, as many times as you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment