Craftsuprint - The Worlds Largest Legal Craft Download Site!

Tuesday 6 November 2012

Technique Tuesday - Snow Capped Embossing

Hi Everyone
Sue Here


This week we are looking at dry embossing and embossing with powders.  Dry embossing is used with your die cutting machines and folders, other methods are a light box or special embossing folders like Shapeboss by Fiskars(for those who can remember them like me!).

I'm looking at powder embossing and showing you a technique with clear embossing powder, stamps, distress inks and stazon silver ink pad.

Firstly I used distress inks in broken china, mowed lawn and peeled paint together with a piece of copy paper torn to look like hills and fields.  I then inked onto the cardstock making sky and hills by moving the copy paper and inking up.  I then stamped the tree from the Penny Black Winter Wonder set in Archival Ink onto the hills.



I then used versamark to cover the piece of cardstock and poured clear embossing powder on top, then heated with a heat gun all over to melt the powder.  I then covered the card again with versamark and covered with embossing powder and again heated.  Do this 3 times.





I then took the white ink and sponged some clouds in the sky and snow on the ground on top of the embossing.  I then heated the cardstock so that the ink sinks into the embossing powder.

I then die cut a spellbinder label 25 to fit the sentiment from the Penny Black Winter Wonder set and added a ribbon in the left upper corner. 

Take care
Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment