Craftsuprint - The Worlds Largest Legal Craft Download Site!

Thursday 13 September 2012

Thrifty Thursday - Paperweight

Hi Everyone

Sue here

This is Thrifty Thursday and I shall be updating household items and purchases from car boot sales, jumble sales and charity shops with a crafty twist.


Today is the turn of a paperweight I purchased from a charity shop for £1.
I have used the lovely Wild Rose Studio Birdhouse stamp.
Don't worry if you have no eye for colour.  I have chosen the colours from the template which is free with the stamp for my colour palette.

The back of the paperweight had seen better days and so I carefully took this off and found a spellbinder circle which fitted the back snugly.  If your paperweight is an odd shape draw around the bottom and use this as your template for your cardstock. 

  
 I then stamped this out in mowed lawn distress ink and used a moss distress marker to touch up.


I then coloured it in in distress markers following the template.  I then used Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Glue and put dots where snow could be and used glamour dust.  I then left to dry.  I then inked up the edges in mowed lawn and put cosmic shimmer glue or glossy accents around the edge to stick the glass to the paper as both of these dry clear..

Please bear in mind that you cannot decoupage or put anything bulky behind your paperweight or it won't sit flat on a surface.  Also whatever stamps you use they will be magnified behind the paperweight glass dome.


This works with all the stamps that J & C has and depending on what you chose will depend on the occasion you give it.

Have fun searching for the paperweights, you might even have some at home you can alter.
Happy crafting.

Sue  


No comments:

Post a Comment