Craftsuprint - The Worlds Largest Legal Craft Download Site!

Sunday 29 September 2013

Designer Gift Bag


     Here is an idea I tried out recently for a challenge. There is a tutorial available here for the Faux Patina technique if you would like to give it a try. I made a brown leather look bag which can be seen on my own blog but also played around with other colours and this one is the result of that.
     I have used a template from Papermania to cut out my bag, then it's been embossed in the Bigshot with a paisley pattern. Once embossed I have coloured the white card with Distress Inks Dusty Concorde and Seedless Preserves, making sure embossed areas are darker than the debossed.
      I have deviated from the tutorial slightly in that I used gilding wax to add my shine rather than embossing powder. Paisley made me think of India and peacocks so I chose purple and patina to get a peacock type shimmer across my bag. Once dry I have buffed the wax to a nice shine trying to make it look like a well loved and worn handbag.
     The handle is a die cut strip from mirri card, the back was covered with foil tape before I cut it out so both sides are shiny. For a clasp I have used a flower brad and a clear gem coloured with alcohol markers.
     *Rocky*

No comments:

Post a Comment