Craftsuprint - The Worlds Largest Legal Craft Download Site!

Sunday 1 September 2013

Beach Mobile


     Here is another beach inspired project. All the items used to make this, with the exception of the fishing line and cord, were found on the beach.....well two beaches actually, one west coast and one east coast.
    The stones have holes in them and so do all of the shells which makes stringing them very easy. The hardest part is getting things to balance. I began with two long pieces of driftwood and tied them together with cord to form a cross, then I began to tie smaller bits of wood and shells together to form my mobile. I made it while it hung from the washing line so I could get the balance right, it won't work if you make it lying down.
     I have made several of these in the past for friends to hang in their bathrooms, one had a small stone dolphin in the middle as requested. I would suggest that you wash everything you find so that it doesn't smell, the crab claw was soaked in an antibacterial solution for a couple of days just to be on the safe side.
     If you go to the beach have a look around and see what you can find, be careful what you pick up but you may find some very interesting bits and pieces. If you'd like to see it in a little more detail then pop over here and take a look.
Happy hunting.
*Rocky*


No comments:

Post a Comment