Craftsuprint - The Worlds Largest Legal Craft Download Site!

Thursday 9 May 2013

Sew Fantastic!

Hi Everyone
Sue Here



This week we are celebrating Home Decor at J & C and I have altered a 3d Collection Box available on the website. This gives me an excuse YET AGAIN!  to bring out my stash of goodies from car boot sale and charity shop finds!

I firstly took each piece (full instructions inside the packet-really easy) and painted them with rusty hinge distress ink re-inker and let it dry.  Be careful NOT to ink the tabs which slot into each other as it will cause the wood to swell and you will not be able to put the box together!  You can touch these up later.  Once dry you can use cosmic shimmer acrylic glue on the tabs.

Then comes the hard bit of deciding what to put in it!  I have decided to use cloth samples, bits from old watches, metal thimble and sewing kit ornaments (these were found in a trinket shop over a year ago, and I knew I would use them one day!)broaches, miniature pegs, beads, a cog from my old big shot with material pushed through the holes(yes really), zip, press studs, ribbon, glass vile bottle and a set of complimentary stamps from Creative Expressions called 'Vintage Sewing' by Sam Poole.

On the stamps I used Versamark and WOW Ebony embossing powder, then coloured them in with distress markers and cut them out.

The ribbons, glass vile, box, distress markers, Versamark,WOW embossing powders and beads are available from J & C's wonderful websites both the crafty side and the beady side!


The different fabrics are from my stash and I took little samples and sprayed them in Dylusion inks or cosmic shimmer sprays to give vintage and tie-dye effects.

On one or two pieces I stamped the Heartfelt Creations Burlap Background with Versamark then heat set with WOW ebony embossing powder. This looks like shabby material once you pull the fibres from around the sides giving it a frayed look.  I then put it all together.

 
The nice thing about this box is it is a wonderful present, made by you and you can put anything you like into it, or keep one for yourself and change what's in it every month depending on your mood and crafty trends. Really nice to hang on your wall and a topic of conversation over a cuppa!

Take time to have a look at other lovely items on the J & C websites both crafty and beads.

Take care...Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment