Craftsuprint - The Worlds Largest Legal Craft Download Site!

Monday 6 May 2013

J&C Creations - Home Decor!

Good Morning!
It's the start of a new month and the start of a brand new theme this week of Home Decor! We wanted to share something this week that would give those of you who wanted to try something a little different to card / tag making some ideas. To kick start this off I have come up with a way of using a blank Plant Pot to create a handy scissor and pen pot!

To give myself an even base to decorate the pot I first painted it with Gesso paint and left to dry.


Next I grabbed my Distress Paints and using 'Mowed Lawn' swiped it all over the pot, sprayed with water then let it run all over the pot whilst rotating to cover the whole surface. Yes it is messy but it's worth it in the end! 


Once dry I inked up a rubber stamp with another Distress Paint and instead of using an acrylic block I pressed it onto the pot wit my fingers. This makes it a lot easier to stamp what with the surface being curved.


  I then repeated this with a larger version of the same stamp and a different coloured paint.


I didn't want to over embellish the pot what with it being used for a practical purpose, so I just added a strip of ribbon underneath the lip with a few flowers glued on top to help hold it in place.
I then tied the ribbon in a bow at the front fixing a flower charm in the centre.


Here is what the pot looks like finished and being used as a scissor & pen pot!


INGREDIENTS -
Teracotta Plant Pot
White Gesso Paint
Heartfelt Creations 'Tattered Blossoms' Stamp Set
Flowers
Ribbon & Flower Charm
Ranger Glossy Accents & Liquid Pearls - Lavender Lace


INKS USED -
Distress Paint - Broken China, Mowed Lawn & Seedless Preserves

Thanks for popping by,
HAPPY CRAFTING!
NATALIE
XXX

1 comment: