Craftsuprint - The Worlds Largest Legal Craft Download Site!

Thursday 25 April 2013

Thrifty Thursday - Silhouettes

Hi Everyone
Sue Here



This week myself and Natalie's theme is Floral Fantasy.

All over the craft magazines are the silhouette flower stamps under a flower line stamp.  So I thought - How can I make my own without costing a fortune?


So I hit on the idea of using my good old funky foam.  I'm sure you all have some stashed away wondering what to do with it!  So I firstly stamped the Heartfelt Creations Daisy Patch Flowers in Stazon onto the funky foam, then cut them out, making sure that I cut them out slightly bigger than the outline. I then used the packaging from my Spellbinders and glued the foam flowers onto squares of the plastic to give them a base.


I then used some bubble wrap and inked this up in two colours of Memento green.  I then used my brayer and rolled the inked bubble wrap over the white cardstock.



I then used memento inks in lady bug and cantaloupe and inked up the foam flowers and stamped them onto the white cardstock.  I then stamped the flower stamp over this in black Stazon.  The stalks and leaves I stamped from another set I had and added a bit of water to colour them in.

The sentiment is from the new Heartfelt Creations Pad backed with brown card and a Martha Stuart edge punch.  This is all double sided cardstock and is delicious! Treat yourself you won't be disappointed.  I then went around the edge of the card in memento peanut brittle.  Very simple and easy to adapt for any stamps you have.



Take care....Sue


 

No comments:

Post a Comment