Craftsuprint - The Worlds Largest Legal Craft Download Site!

Sunday 28 April 2013

Faux Layers

Hi Everyone
Sue Here


My submission today is a hot topic in the card making world.  How to make layers for a card without making layers?  In other words the card looks like it has layers but is in fact flat.

I firstly used the new Heartfelt Creations backing papers and ran this through a diamond embossing folder and highlighted the raised area with stormy sky distress ink.  I did the same with a plain piece of cardstock for the bottom of the card.

On a white piece of copy paper, I cut out the 2nd largest Spellbinder label 30 and placed the aperture part on the card.  I then used the Heartfelt Creations large elegant word stamp with Versamark, stamped through the aperture and then heat set with white WOW embossing powder.  I then used a stippling brush and the stormy sky distress ink and inked the aperture leaving the shape of label 30.  (I used a stippling brush as a normal blending tool or cut and dry would leave marks on the edges).  There will be a resist where the script has been stamped.

I then stamped Penny Black Flying Stars in Stazon over the script and shape.  Here I used a stamp positioner so that I got the stamp in the exact spot I wanted on the card.  I then cut the card and added a Martha Stuart punch to the edges.


 
I then cut  a Spellbinder d-lites whimsical tree out and used this as a flourish behind the Spellbinder d-lites medallion four put together as a flower, by cutting out 3 medallions from the Heartfelt Creations cardstock inked with stormy sky distress ink.  The centre is a brad.  The wrap at the bottom of the card is a new one by Sizzix.  The pearls are J & C Creations and the sentiment is from the Heartfelt Creations backing papers.


Try this out with your different spellbinders and see what fab backgrounds you can get to give your stamps a new lease of life.

Take care ......Sue 

No comments:

Post a Comment