Craftsuprint - The Worlds Largest Legal Craft Download Site!

Tuesday 2 April 2013

Bend it like Acetate!

Hi Everyone
Sue Here

I really have a fondness for ACETATE.  You can add so much dimension to your card with it and I'm hoping this week myself and Natalie can inspire you.  Its not just for heating on with embossing powder.

This week I have been inspired by a layout  by Anna May Ghaly who used red, mustard, black and pink as a combination and this is my take on it.



I firstly inked plain white cardstock with tattered rose and Victorian velvet distress inks, adding a little bit of fired brick around the edge of an A5 piece of card.

I then used an Indigo Blu background stamp of 'ledger background' and memento ink in London fog.  I then used a very old Tim Holzt wooden stamp of twigs and used versamark and WOW ebony embossing powder to give the scratched look.
I then cut 5 small rectangles in mustard, 5 small rectangles in a pink dot, 5 small circles out of a punch in black card and 5 smaller punch circles in a contrasting pink dot paper.

The main focus was a rectangle in black, then smaller one in mustard, then using an edge stamp from stampers anonymous, stamped in versamark, then poured WOW clear embossing powder over the top and cut the scallop edge away, I then cut another rectangle in contrasting background paper.  this I glued together in layers adding a bow and charm to the top, distressing it in lady bug memento ink.

I then took a piece of acetate and wrapped this around the focal piece making sure I made it 3mm bigger that the main card so that when I wrapped it around the card it formed a convex shape like this ) at the front which gives the front a 3d effect.


I then wanted to bring the word LOVE out from the acetate so I got some very very very old foam alphabet stamps and stamped up some pink funky foam in lady bug memento ink with L-O-V-E.  I then wasn't content with the O so I changed that for a Tim Holtz gear cut out of funky foam and inked this up with yellow memento ink.

I die cut a butterfly from the spellbinder jewel flowers and flourishes in black funky foam.  All these I placed on the front of the acetate glued on with cosmic shimmer acrylic glue.

 







Hope this has inspired you to try different things with acetate this week.....Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment