Craftsuprint - The Worlds Largest Legal Craft Download Site!

Sunday 24 March 2013

Time for Tea and Summer

Hi Everyone
Sue Here



Today I am incorporating Britain Summer Time starting today and having a friend around you haven't seen for ages for a good old chin wag!

I thought about putting a tea bag on the front of a card but that would be too easy!  So I have made a background with it instead.
Firstly I got some watercolour paper and rubbed the wet used teabag over it then splatted it in areas to make it darker.  I then dried it with a heat gun.  
I then took a background stamp and used good old Tea Dye (couldn't be anything else could it!)distress ink and randomly put this over the paper.  
I then used the top from a hairspray and dunked this in the lettuce distress ink and added circles (pretend stain marks) onto the paper as well.  I had a stamp saying 'what's brewin' and stamped this in tea dye distress ink on it. 

The embellishments - teapot and cup and the white Dollie were from The Range The Dollie has been covered in spiced marmalade distress ink and The 'invited' '4' and 'T' are from my Cricut George and basic shapes. The cakes are from a stamp set by creative expressions.   I have used a decorative circle and border from the Moroccan Accents and a Marianne die leaf.  The chevron tags are from a Papermania urban stamps using WOW tangerine embossing powder.

Items highlighted can be purchased from J & C Creations.

Have a lovely get together with someone you haven't seen for ages ..Take care, Sue x

No comments:

Post a Comment