Craftsuprint - The Worlds Largest Legal Craft Download Site!

Saturday 16 February 2013

ATC's with the NEW Distress Paints!

Good Morning!
Today I'm back with another way of decorating your Chipboard ATC's! Some of you may know that Tim Holtz released a brand new product recently called 'Distress Paint!' Well of course seeing I am such a fan of his products I had to get myself a couple of these and I thought what better way of testing them out than with all of you! So why don't you try using these on your ATC's or any other projects for a change???

Here is a brief description of what these exactly are incase you are unaware ...


Distress Paints are very fluid water-based acrylic paints for multiple surfaces. Tim and Ranger developed these special paints to be reactive with water just like Distress Inks and Distress Stains—perfect to accomplish a wide variety of artistic techniques. Distress Paints have a convenient dabber system for easy and mess-free application. Use with stamps, paper, wood, metal, glass, plastic and more for a timeless matte finish on craft projects.
  • 24 colors that coordinate with the Distress palette
  • Very fluid water-based, multi-surface acrylic paint
  • Timeless matte finish paint in 1 oz. bottles
  • Reactive with water like Distress Inks and Stains
  • Convenient dabber system application

    I love the fact that these react with water and can create such great make effect backgrounds. I really would recommend that you give these a try.To create today's ATC's I simply swiped and pressed the Distress Paints over the top of the bases and spritzed with lot's of water, tilting side to side to create a more marbled effect background. Be careful you don't squeeze the bottle though as I made the mistake of that with the pink bottle and it came out everywhere! lol Once the background had dried I then used the paints on some stamps and printed on top.



To complete the ATC's I simply embellished with a few flowers & dew drops.


 

 

 

INGREDIENTS -
Tim Holtz 'Valentines Silhouettes' Stamp Set
Flowers & Dew Drops
Ranger Glossy Accents

Incase you wanted to know here are the paints that I used the stamp the images.
 I have also used Distress Inks to go around the edges of the ATC's.


INKS USED -
Distress Paints - Seedless Preserves, Picket Fence, Mustard Seed & Salty Ocean
Distress Ink - Worn Lipstick, Salty Ocean & Seedless Preserves

Thanks for popping by, I'l see you all again on Monday!
HAPPY CRAFTING!
NATALIE
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment