Craftsuprint - The Worlds Largest Legal Craft Download Site!

Thursday 31 January 2013

Thrifty Thursday - Landscape Views

Hi Everyone
Sue Here

Scene-it Toppers

This week we are delving into the world of Hobby Art.  I have to say I LOVE these stamps for versatility and how you can 'make a scene' without trying.  The end result always looks like you have drawn it yourself!

Here are 2 cards I have made incorporating 
Spellbinders and Marianne dies.


 

The first is a card using the Donna Salazar shadow flowers.  Throughout  the week I shall be using the  stamps above CS037D.

I firstly stamped the wording continuously down a piece of card with black memento ink then wet it and washed different coloured pink and yellow distress pens over the top.  I then die cut the large silhouette flower out and put a pink ribbon through the left side and I purchased a pair of bee earrings in the sale at Sainsbury's for £1 and glued one onto the card.




The next card is a Marianne twig die which was die cut from black card. On the top of this I stamped another Hobby Art leaf stamp with versamark and heat set with WOW white embossing powder.  I then took a piece of white cardstock and stamped in memento black ink one of the houses and trees and again used distress pens to colour the scene in. Like the left pictures shows I tried to fill the open space left by the die and as you can see it doesn't matter if things don't look right, they will once you put the cut die over the top.
I then die cut a foliage leaf from  the spellbinder foliage leaf die in white card.

As I am always on the look out for something free to use on my cards, I was with a friend in Starbucks the other day and got a napkin.  As we were talking I was fiddling about with it and folded it thinly into a strip then curled it up into a circle.  Voila a flower I thought!  I know someone else must have invented that on the world wide web somewhere.  I just haven't seen it yet!  I then glued the end to stop it unravelling then added some water to the top and brushed pink distress ink over the top.

Hope you find a freebie this week....Sue


1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous cards! Brilliant idea! Looking forward to seeing the rest!
    Debs x

    ReplyDelete