Craftsuprint - The Worlds Largest Legal Craft Download Site!

Sunday 6 January 2013

Hitting a Brick Wall

Hi Everyone
Sue Here

Well the 1st week of the new year has been and gone. Today I'm using the Distress inks of ripe persimmon, gathered twigs and seedless preserve.

The stamps used are Penny Black flutterby, mini flutterby and butterfly edge, really good all round wooden back stamps which can be adapted.



Firstly I used direct to paper technique with the gathered twigg then sprayed water on top and with a piece of kitchen cloth took off some of the ink giving it a shaded look on parts of the card.  I then let this dry.



I then stamped a favoriate stamp of mine - the Penny Black brick wall with versamark and then heat embossed with WOW ebony embossing powder.




I then used the direct to paper technique with seedless preserve and ripe persimmon, sprayed with water and took off some of the ink in parts, then let it dry.



I then stamped the butterflies with versamark and again heat embossed with WOW ebony embossing powder.  I then cut these out.


I stamped the butterfly edge in versamark down the right side of the brick wall then sprinkled Frantage aged ivory enamel and heat set.  I then stamped out a sentiment and cut out the words.

I stuck the butterflies down the left side of the wall. The glue I used is Pinflair silicone Glue.

Watch out for lots of inspiration from the design team this month and pop over to the challenge blog around the 13th for the first of this years chances to win goodies.
.

Take care.....Sue......

No comments:

Post a Comment