Craftsuprint - The Worlds Largest Legal Craft Download Site!

Thursday 3 January 2013

A Jar of Life

Hi Everyone
Sue Here


Had a rest on Tuesday and combined technique with thrift today!

This year will see many changes in our household none more so than GCSE's, college and possibly work for my daughter.

I am putting together a thoughts and mementos jar (bought for £1 from the charity shop)so I will add to this each month with something I've learnt,experienced or a keepsake.  I am starting off with a thought.

FOR MY CHILD TO BE HAPPY AND FOR HER TO GIVE ME LESS GREY HAIR THROUGH WORRY!

Impossible I know, but worry will cover all sorts of stuff such as exams, college, love and life experiences themselves, to name a few.  

Start one off with me and we can reflect on the year in December.

Firstly take a tag and a piece of newspaper or old book and put PVA glue in a part on the tag and glue the paper onto it.  You will have to leave this overnight.  Then pull the paper off leaving what was stuck to the glue in place.  Ink this up around the edges.  I have used  salty ocean, and mowed lawn distress inks. Take a Ranger Acrylic Paint Picket Fence dabber or white acrylic paint and paint over the written paper and a little of the ink. 





Then take an embossing folder, and put one side of the tag in it and run through your big shot (or other die machine). This was a bark one from Sizzix.  Take it out and do the same with the other.  Then I inked the raised areas with picked rasberry distress ink. I then took a sanding block and roughed up the raised areas on the tag.






I then printed off my saying onto cardstock and stuck this to the front of the tag. 


The ribbons I died with the same distress inks.  The small bauble was from a Christmas Cracker!




May 2013 bring peace and happiness in your life and happy reflections on 2012. 

Sue.



No comments:

Post a Comment