Craftsuprint - The Worlds Largest Legal Craft Download Site!

Friday 14 December 2012

FRIDAY MASTER CLASS -Quick Card and Gift

Today I have a really different post, it all started when my neighbour took in some parcels for me this week, I wanted to give her a little something to say thanks but not go over the top and I had also forgotten to make her a Christmas card so was going to send a shop bought one.  With time being short it got me to thinking of how to make a quick card for the unexpected visitor or someone you had forgotten, I wanted to use as little products and papers as possible (if you are like me all Christmas Papers and Embellies go back in the loft a few days before Christmas Day to give me a bit more room), this is what I came up with it took all of three quarters of an hour.

 

jc2

 

This is what I have come up with guess whats in the box!!!

 

 

jc1

 

Yep a box of After Eight Mints.

 

jc3 

 

The card was simplicity itself, just a sheet of Pink Paper, a pre-scored and scalloped card blank, white paper and a few self adhesive pearls, 3 sets of Spellbinders Dies – Layered Poinsettia, Moroccan Accents, Moroccan Motifs.

 

I used 4 of the corners from Moroccan Accents set, then Large and middle Doilies from Moroccan Motifs, I layered the 2 doilies up with foam pads to add some depth, then cut two of each of the 2nd largest Poinsettia, and the 2 smaller poinsettias, I shaped the leaves(petals) with my fingers and layered them up as shown, then with 2 foam pads I add to the middle of the layered doily.  Finally  just add a few pearls, Voila its that simple and quick.

 

jc5

 

I then wrapped the choccies with white paper, cut 4 strips off pink paper to cover sides, then just using the small doily from Moroccan Motifs, I add another poinsettia made as for the card.  Add a corner from Moroccan accents to the top, for the side i cut the gorgeous Lable again from the Moroccan Accents set and stamped a small snowflake in the middle, the just added more pearls to the top and side.

 

jc6

 

A better view of the top of the box.

No comments:

Post a Comment