Craftsuprint - The Worlds Largest Legal Craft Download Site!

Thursday 1 November 2012

Thrifty Thursday - Over a barrel!

Hi Everyone

Sue Here




















Today I have altered a Cadbury's tin and made it into a chocolate or biscuit tin for Christmas.  I bought it from the local charity shop for 10 pence.

I have used:
Marianne creatables poinsettia, hearts 159, village 1-172 and 2-173, Xmas tree 136 and bird on a branch and fence
Spellbinder Label 10
Annabel's Christmas panel packs

I started by giving the tin a wipe with Milton disinfectant and then inking all over with brown alcohol inks on the tin lid and around the top and bottom edges where the metal was placed.



I then used some backing paper cut to size, inked around the edges in vintage photo distress ink and glued this onto the tin with Pinflair bookbinding glue.




I then cut the dies out in different backing papers and inked around the edges with vintage photo distress ink.











I then started with the fence, then the trees, bird, village scene, then the label with the pre coloured panel and the poinsettia adding some buttons and ribbon.







This has been a barrel of laughs to make and so effective! Sorry for the pun.

Take care

Sue
   

1 comment: