Craftsuprint - The Worlds Largest Legal Craft Download Site!

Thursday 8 November 2012

Thrifty Thursday - Christmas Presents, Christmas Past

Hi Everyone

Sue Here



Today I am staying with embossing powders and showing you how to alter a wooden bangle I purchased for 50 pence from the Charity Shop.




I firstly painted the bangle in white gesso which is a primer base.

Then I brushed the surface with an anti static bag, then stamped  the Heartfelt Creations Classic Bella Rose stamp leaf in versamark then sprinkled WOW ebony embossing powder over the top and heat set with a heat gun.

I then took the mowed lawn distress ink and tapped this onto a non porous surface and added a few drops of glossy accents, then a few drops of water and mixed together.  This turns the distress ink into a permanent paint, otherwise if you went outside with the bangle on in the rain the distress ink would come off!! I then painted the colour over the embossed leaves.



I then die cut the Heartfelt Creations Daisy Patch flowers in white and coloured these in with distress markers and added brads for the centres.





I then glued these onto the bangle with Pinflair silicone glue.



Happy Crafting
Sue 

No comments:

Post a Comment