Craftsuprint - The Worlds Largest Legal Craft Download Site!

Tuesday 20 November 2012

Technique Tuesday - A bit of Cling!

Hi Everyone
Sue Here


This week we are looking at motifs and accents and I have chosen Moroccan style.

Firstly the background.  On my craft sheet I placed some black soot distress ink and put water with this.  I then got a paintbrush and painted this onto a piece of 6 x 6 ins cardstock quite damp.  I then got a piece of clingfilm and scrunched this onto to the top of the wet ink.  The secret to this is to leave it to dry, then pull the clingfilm off and you should be left with some really good veins and crack effects on the paper.  I then went around the edge of the card and distressed it with the edge of a pair of scissors and inked with tumbled glass and faded jeans distress ink.

Next I used the Heartfelt Creations Tattered Collage stamp and inked up in memento London Fog ONLY the writing on it and stamped a background.  I then took the Penny Black wood mounted flying stars and stamped this out on the left and right in black memento ink.


I then inked around the edges of a smaller piece of white cardstock the faded jeans and tumbled glass ad stamped in black memento the Penny Black first day of Christmas wood backed stamp. 



I then got the Whimsy embossing folder and touched this up in places with antique linen distress ink then ran my stamped image through it.  I then distressed the edges of the card with my scissors as before.


I then die cut the border from the Moroccan motifs out of the spare embossed piece which was left and inked up with the same colours as before.

I then die cut the label from the motifs and coloured in with the same colours and added a sentiment.

I glued all this together with Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic glue and added a piece of lace behind the border.

Oldie worldie at its best.......... Hope you find some inspiration this week.    Sue 

No comments:

Post a Comment