Craftsuprint - The Worlds Largest Legal Craft Download Site!

Thursday 11 October 2012

Thrifty Thursday - Plastic Fantastic!

Hi everyone

Sue here


Today, I have used the packaging from some small spiders I purchased from the Pound shop.  The spiders will obviously be used for the end of the month!! Stay tuned.......

I firstly, cut a template around the packaging and an aperture hole.


I then marked up the individual plastic rectangles and squares with a pencil onto white cardstock and cut these out rounding the edges off with a punch.

I then used Faded Jeans, Black Soot and Tumbled Glass distress inks to give effect and colour around the edges of the pieces of white cardstock.




I then used stamps from the Penny Black range transparent 'winter wonders'  Wild Rose Studio' birdhouse' and 'Baubles' and a wood mounted Penny Black of 'spring branch' to flow all the sections together.  These were stamped in Faded Jeans distress ink.

I then used Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Glue to glue the cards onto a piece of backing paper using the packaging to put the cards in the appropriate places.  I then glued it all together. 

A very simple but effective way of using your throw away packaging.  You can always use different shapes from your spellbinders behind the plastic.

Happy crafting this week

Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment