Craftsuprint - The Worlds Largest Legal Craft Download Site!

Thursday 18 October 2012

Thrifty Thursday- Muslin in!

Hi Everyone
Sue here


Today we are still using the  Diamond Strips Spellbinders but with cloth.

I have tried cotton, polyester, sheer voile, and the best one to get a cut is muslin.  This you can purchase cheaply from any material shop, but hunt down your scraps at home and see what will and will not cut through your die cutting machine, you can only try!



I firstly cut the shadow diamond shape in white muslin and then joined this together with cosmic shimmer acrylic glue.  Once dry I then sprayed with inks and let air dry. 








I then took a needle and cotton and did a slip stitch through the material along the side so that I could gather it up on a piece of card.
I then took a spellbinder plain circle of card and placed double sided sticky onto it.  I then took the gathered muslin and placed it around the circle going into the middle.  As I did this I had a piece of material which was 'stringy' and decided to incorporate this in it as well by placing some glue along the piece of muslin.  I then finished this off with a button. (Looks like a birds nest!)

The background was made with  pearlescent card and Garden Delights M Bossabilities folder.  The bottom half is using a written backing paper and the diamond fold cut into this and folded showing through to the layer of bronze mirri card.  It is finished off with a velvet piece of ribbon.


A very nice way to use your scraps of material.  Don't forget my tip that if you have different pieces of material/paper, join them together as above then spray it all the same colour.  This will pull the piece together regardless of the colours in the paper/material.  Use these mediums together and get a totally different effect.

Have fun

Sue  

No comments:

Post a Comment